"Panawal"means full tang handle and "Angkhola" means having a semi fuller. This is the real working blade . The blade is featured with the "Angkhola" for the durability and continue cutting and to thrown out unnecessary weight of the blade. The blade is in raw form not highly polished to maintain the level of balance water temper on the edge which makes the blade stronger. The Handle is featured with the panawal version since the blade is working one. The handle has got three rivets for durable fixing of the handle. Its used has varied from cutting wood, firewood, meat bone clearing bushes etc. Being unpolished blade is best for jungle use.
The Kukri Specifications:
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 10.00Inches (25.4cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, semi-polished Blade.
* Handle size: 5.00Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made of Rosewood .
* Overall Length: 15.00 inches (38.1cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle .
* Weight: 1.1lbs or 28.22Oz (800 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather
* Origin: Dharan, East Nepal