This is one of the beautiful kukri models. The name; American Eagle derives from the Eagle which is national Symbol of United States, the handle shape is eagle and its famous within US Knife collectors. The blade has beautifully hand skilled craftsman in eastern Nepal. The handle is made of Rosewood with white metal tip/ pommel while scabbard is made of cotton covered with yak hide. The Blade is best for outdoors as well as kitchen for cutting vegetables, meat as well as cutting wood and clearing bushes. This is one of beautiful souvenir or gift items as well ?
The Kukri Specifications:
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 8.00Inches (20.32cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, semi-polished Blade.
* Handle size: 5.00Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made of yak bone .
* Overall Length: 13.00 inches (33.02cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle .
* Weight: 1.1lbs or 28.22Oz (800 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather
* Origin: Dharan, East Nepal