12" blade has got two fullers similar to Panawal Angkhola and 5.5" handle is similar to traditional knife i.e. Yugall kukri so the kukri is named as 12"Angkhola Yugall kukri. The blade is made of Highly Graded Carbon steel and it is semi-polished. It is broad and more curved then Standard kukris therefore it is perfect while use.12"blade is made of highly graded carbon steel with pouring balance water temper on the edge so it’s very strong. 6"Rosewood handle is full tang. Unlike other handle (not rat tail), the handle and blade is one single piece and visible all around the handle (see pictures).The pommel of the handle is in fish-tail shape. Two rosewood pieces joint (attached) strongly to the metal part of handle with three metal rivets. Special Brown sheath is made of Genuine Buffalo Leather. Two small knife "karda" and "Chakmak" are free with this knife. it can be used to chop wood, fire wood, bone, cleaning bushes etc
The Kukri Specifications:
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 12.00Inches (30.48cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel,semi-polished Blade.
* Handle size: 5.5Inches (13.97cm) flat full tang handle made of Rosewood .
* Overall Length: 17.5 inches (44.45cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle .
* Weight: 2.42lbs or 38.80Oz (1100 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather.
* Origin: Dharan, East Nepal .