This is one the famous Kukri within Village people in Nepal. it is great for any kind of heavy works. It can be used to chop wood, fire wood, bone, cleaning bushes. The blade is made of Highly Graded Carbon Steel and it is semi-polished. It is broad and more curved then Standard Kukris therefore it is perfect while use. The Handle is flat full tang. Unlike other handle (Not Rat tail), the handle and Blade is a one single piece and visible all around the handle (See pictures). the pommel of the handle is in Fish-Tail shape; and unlike regular kukri handle to make the kukri handle unique. the handle is made of Rosewood. Two Rosewood pieces joint (Attached) strongly to the metal part of handle with three metal rivets and adjust lanyard hole on handle. Special Brown Sheath is made of Genuine Buffalo Leather. The blade measures 10" long while the handle is 5" therefore; the overall length of the Kukri is 15 inches. The widest part of the blade is 2.28" and the spine is 0.47" (12mm) at the thickest part. The weight of the kukri is 1100 grams. The Blade, Handle, Scabbards and even small knives called Karda and chakmak are high end finished. The Blade, Handle, Sheath and even small knives called Karda and Chakmak are high-end finished.
The Kukri Specifications:
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 10.00Inches (25.4cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, semi-polished Blade.
* Handle size: 5.00Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made of Rosewood .
* Overall Length: 15.00 inches (38.1cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle .
* Weight: 1.1lbs or 28.22Oz (800 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather
* Origin: Dharan, East Nepal