This is traditional kukri(blade) with new full tang gripper handle made of Rosewood .The name Sirupate is derives from “SIRU”(kind of grass) which is very narrow and sharp.Unlike other kukri’s the blade of this kukri is very narrow so this kukri is named as sirupate khukuri. This kukri is very famous in Nepal. 10” blade is made of Highly Graded Carbon with balanced temper on the edge of the blade therefore its very strong.5”handle is made of very strong Rosewood.The Handle is flat full tang. Unlike other handle (Not Rat tail), the handle and Blade is a one single piece and visible all around the handle (See pictures). Two Rosewood pieces joint (Attached) strongly to the metal part of handle with two metal rivets and adjust lanyard hole on handle. The sheath is made of Cotton Covered in Brown colour Buffalo Leather. Two small knife(karda & chakmak )are also come with this kukri.This blade can be used to chop wood or bone cleaning bushes and other kind of domestic work..
The Kukri Specifications:
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 10.00Inches (25.4cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Un-polished Blade.
* Handle size: 5.00Inches (12.7cm) flat full tang handle made of Rosewood .
* Overall Length: 15.00 inches (38.1cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle .
* Weight: 1.98lbs or 31.74Oz (900 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather.
* Origin: Dharan, East Nepal