The kukri has got the shape similar to the traditional knife “Dau” use by butcher to cut meat in Nepal so the knife is named as “Butcher “ kukri.11” blade is made by the continue folding beating process and pouring balance water temper on the edge so the blade is very strong.5” handle is made of very strong wood ”Rosewood” the handle has got special grip which help for the maximization of force on the blade. The blade is specially designed to carry out the heavy duty. The kukri got its design when one of our regular customer visit our factory and saw a butcher cutting meat by “Dau” .He himself design and forged a kukri and named that kukri as “Butcher”. The kukri can be used to cut meat, bone , wood, firewood, clearing bushes etc. ??
The Kukri Specifications:
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 11.00Inches (27.94cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Un-polished Blade.
* Handle size: 5.00Inches (12.7cm) rat tail handle made of Rosewood .
* Overall Length: 16.00 inches (40.64cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle .
* Weight: 1.1lbs or 28.22Oz (800 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather
* Origin: Dharan, East Nepal